Okay, so here’s what you’ve probably been waiting for; the specials:
- Throwback Thursday – Every Thursday at the outdoor Veranda restaurant, seasonal, contemporary spins of TV dinner classics will be available in a 4-course prix fixe dinner, served in TV dinnerware on a vintage tray. Menu offerings will change weekly and 60s music will be performed live.
- Classic Cocktails at The Bar – 60s inspired cocktails will be available at The Bar all summer long, including The Bees Knees, a classic Prohibition cocktail made with gin, honey, and lemon juice.
- Golf is Gold – Golden golf balls will be randomly planted into the ball buckets at the driving range, where winners will receive one free round of golf on their next visit. Winners 50 years or older will also be eligible to out-drive the property’s Golf Pro from the 1st tee for a chance to win a $50 gift card to Rancho Bernardo Inn’s new restaurant, AVANT, opening this summer.
- Golden Pampering – The Spa at Rancho Bernardo Inn will offer a special Golden Pedicure, complete with a pampering foot massage, gold polish finished with a gold bronzer, and a new pair of gold Haviana flip-flops.
- Share Your Story – This contest invites Resort Club Members to share their favorite Rancho Bernardo Inn memories or stories via email or Facebook for a chance to win a two-night stay at any JC Resorts property.
There will also be specials designed specifically for kids, including:
- Kids Rule! Golden Ticket – This celebration summer, buried in the bottom of the welcome goodie bucket for each Kids Rule! child guest, will be a golden ticket. The ticket is redeemable for a bag of treats at the hotel’s new Retro Candy Shop. Housed in Café G, this pop-up shop will feature a candy concierge and jars of retro candy that were popular in the 1960s.
Lastly, celebratory leisure packages will be available for booking all summer long:
• A Nod to 1963 – Stay two nights, and get a special third night rate for $8.16 – the average room rate when the hotel opened 50 years ago. Package bookings exclude Saturday stays on the third night and some blackout dates may apply.
- 50th Anniversary Classic Cake Making Package – Have your cake and eat it too! The package includes a pastry making class with Rancho Bernardo Inn’s Executive Pastry Chef Margaret Nolan Carvallo where they will receive a special 50th Anniversary apron, and of course – their cake.