Lately a few of you have commented that my face has “a glow” in my latest You Tube videos. Well, sitting next to the gorgeous Matthew Hussey would give any red-blooded female and red-blooded gay male a glow. But aside from that, what’s lent to my recent ‘glow’ might be due to an addition to my skin care regimen using BABOR Skinovage. Specifically, I’m using the Pure Daily Purifying Cream (guess they say it twice because it’s twice as nice?) and the Intensifier Illuminating Serum.
On the site, the company claims the following about the purifying cream:
- Alpine stem cells: DNA protection, preventative protection against light-induced skin aging
- OsmoTec: Catalyst, optimizes the processing of active ingredients in the cells.
- Phytosphingosine, farnesol: Prevents the growth of bacteria
- Hamamelis extract: Astringent effect
- Horsetail extract: Astringent effect, promotes the healing of wounds
- Active ingredient complex comprising yeast, vitamin B and niacinamide: Regulates the sebum balance
- Vitamin E: Protects against free radicals
- Macadamia nut oil, jojoba oil: For soft and supple skin
- Panthenol, allantoin: Moisturizing, calming effect
When I asked about what specifically makes this product work, I got this answer: “Osmotec is presented in all the SKINOVAGE PX products — it mimics our own osmosis and boosts and multiples the exchange within the inside and outside of the cell. It also assure that the active ingredient reaches the heart of the skin cell.”
Uh…what the heck does that mean in English?
The ingredient helps the skin’s barrier which has been compromised due to age and environmental factors such as UV and humidity changes. Reduced barrier function leads to very dry and sensitive skin. Tested on human epidermal stem cells, PhytoCellTec Alp Rose was found to increase the vitality of skin stem cells. This improves epidermal regeneration and thus the quality of the skin barrier.
I wasn’t able to get anything on “Osmo Tec,” so I’ll just have to take their word for it.
The other item I’m like is the Intensifier Illuminating Serum. THIS my dears, is what’s giving me THE GLOW. Here’s what’s in it:
- Micronaspheres: Light-reflecting pigments; illuminating effect
- Waltheria indica: Brightens the complexion
- Organic silica: Improves the tissue structure
- Perfection peptides: Light exfoliation of the skin, evens the complexion
- Aloe vera: Moisturizing and calming effect
- Allantoin: Calming effect
- Polysaccharides: Provides moisture
- Panthenol: Provides moisture
Like I mentioned in the video, my only peeve is the strong perfume smell, which is totally unnecessary and takes away from the product. I had a few small whiteheads when I first used it, but that’s since resolved as my skin has adjusted to it. I now only use the BABOR products in the morning prior to applying my sunscreen, and keep to my Innovative Skincare at night.
So…I got this product for free. But at $78 dollars a bottle, would I buy it again?