This post is courtesy of Linda Ripoll, beauty blogger over at CounterCultureBeauty. Cool blog with a niche–it focuses on bi-racial and multi-racial beauty.
Summer Proof Your Beauty Routine
Sizzling summer temperatures are in the forecast which means itâ€™s only going to get hotter as the summer season rolls along. From lifeless, limp locks to the dreaded raccoon eyes, there are a variety of weather-related beauty issues that can easily put a damper in any girlâ€™s day. With the heat and humidity wreaking havoc on your beauty routine, here are some easy and effective ways to look â€œhotâ€ while youâ€™re trying to stay cool.
(Sorry to interrupt, Linda, but speaking of “staying cool,” these are the sexy legs of a regular in the BB&W crew:)
You know who you are! *winky-wink*
- Hydrate skin with an oil-free moisturizer with sun protection. Itâ€™s important to use a moisturizer even though you may be tempted to skip this step in the summer.
- Before applying your favorite foundation or tinted moisturizer, prime the skin with a primer as this will help make your makeup last while minimizing fine lines, wrinkles and pores.
- Mascara must be waterproof or you can run the risk of wearing your mascara on your face instead of your lashes.
- Use cream eye shadows over powder eye shadows for their long-lasting effect and their wearabilty.
- Opt for lip tints over traditional lipstick as lip tints temporarily stain the lips and create a luscious pout. You wonâ€™t have to reapply every five minutes like you would with lipstick or gloss.
- Line eyes with a waterproof liner so you wonâ€™t have to worry about your eye makeup smudging during a hot summer day.
- Set your favorite foundation with a translucent powder. This will keep your makeup in place all day long and give your skin a polished finish.
- Reach for your favorite cream blush or a cheek tint instead of the traditional powder blushes. Cream blushes and cheek tints last must longer and will stay put all day.
- Stock your purse with blotting papers or a mattifying gel/powder for those moments when you need to touch up your face. These products will quickly remove any shine or oily residue leaving your face flawless and fabulous!