Written by Nicole J.
It’s that time of year again, when Sephora has their yearly Spring sale! This year, the sale is April 26 to May 6 for VIB Rouge members (those who spend $1000 or more during a calendar year), May 2 – 6 for VIB (those who spend $350/year) and Beauty Insiders (free to join). I have been more deliberate with my makeup purchases of late, and have been largely successful at quelling that fear of missing out on every new product I see being hawked online. Now that there’s a sale, I’ll pick a few items I’ve run out of, and one I’ve been dying to try.
The codes for each tier are:
Rouge (20%): HEYROUGE
VIB (15% off): HEYVIB
BI (10% off): HEYINSIDER
Here’s what I’ll be getting:
The Makeup Replacements/back ups
- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r FoundationThis has been my go to foundation since its release and I can proudly say I completely used up an entire bottle! My perfect match is shade 420 and it works really well on my normal-combination skin.
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting PowderMuch like the foundation above, I’ve been using this powder (in medium deep) whenever I wear makeup. It goes well with the Fenty foundation on my skin and keeps me shine free for most of my day! I’ve also used up a whole one of these, and I’m halfway through the replacement already. I’m getting a backup on the sale since powders tend to have a longer shelf life and therefore so I’ll have my replacement in hand once my current stash runs out.
- Fenty Beauty FlylinerAs far as a classic winged-eyeliner look goes, the Flyliner in ‘Cuz I’m Black’ is hard to beat. The tip is small enough to create sharp lines for makeup beginners and experts alike. Out of everything on this list, this would be the one I’d remove from my cart first though, as a felt tip black eyeliner is a pretty easy product to dupe from drug store brands, at less than half the price.
- Brush cleanerDirty makeup brushes and sponges can lead to unwanted consequences such as patchy makeup application or breakouts. My favorite brush cleaner is the Sephora Collection one, but Cinema Secrets also does a good liquid quick-drying formula for the days you might be in a hurry.
- Mud maskFor my personal spa days, I start with a freshly washed face and a mud mask of my choosing. My favorite for many years has been this Sephora Collection one, but since it’s out of stock, I’m going to try this one instead.
- Fenty Beauty Sun Stalk’r Bronzer
I am limiting myself to one new product in this sale, and I’ve decided to try the new Fenty Beauty Sun Stalk’r Bronzer in Coco Naughty. Since I’ve never boarded the bronzer train I figured getting it at a teeny discount will make me less annoyed if I don’t like it, and if all else fails, I’m sure it will make a nice crease color for an eyeshadow look.
What are you picking up in the sale? Let us know in the comments!