Have you ever seen a woman who looked good from the ankles up? No seriously, she’s got on the right outfit, her hair is styled to the nines, but her footwear just doesn’t add up? While you should have no shame in wearing whatever makes you feel good, when you’re trying to look your best, you want to make sure that you look good from head to toe. Part of dressing in style means knowing how to pair the right shoes and accessories with the rest of your attire.
There’s just something about a trendy shoe that can make you do a double take. However, with the world of fashion constantly changing, finding the right footwear to compliment your style can sometimes be a bit of a challenge. Wearing a nice dress with a pair of flip flops (unless it’s a sundress) or pairing the wrong sneakers with a pair of skinny jeans can take a nice outfit and make it look… well less than attractive. So to make sure you look just as good as you feel when you step out the door, you’re going to need a few pointers on pairing shoes. Here are some tips you might appreciate.
Consider the Color
The color of the shoes you choose are ultimately one of the most important things. Whether you’re heading out for a night on the town or heading into the office, your shoes definitely make a statement about your fashion sense, and wearing the wrong colors is a fashion mistake you don’t want to make. When choosing a color to wear, consider these tips:
· When wearing solid colors, it’s a good idea to go with a bold statement shoe. Wearing a shoe that is bright in color or bold with patterns is an easy way to dress up your outfit.
· It’s probably not a good idea to try and match your shoes to your clothes exactly. Not only does it cause your shoes to blend in, but if you’re off on your color choice, it will be very noticeable.
· If you’re wearing an outfit with bold colors and patterns, don’t try to match a bold color or patterned shoe with it. Instead, go for something that is trendy yet solid in color.
· Shoes can act as pop colors when wearing solid colors. For instance, wearing a black evening dress with a pair of red pumps and a nice red handbag is a great way to turn a few heads. Pop colors should ideally be complimentary colors as they look best together. However, if you have a more eclectic style, then choosing vibrant pop colors is certainly fine as well.
The Style of Shoe
Another important factor when it comes to pairing shoes with your attire is the style of shoe that you’re wearing. The type of shoe you opt to put on should essentially go well with what you’re putting on. While you probably don’t make obvious mistakes like pairing some basketball sneakers with an evening gown, there are other pairing mistakes that can be made by choosing the wrong style of shoe.
· Heels can be very versatile when it comes to pairing it with clothes. Pumps can look great with a dress, a pair of skinny jeans, or even a pencil skirt. Just remember heels are meant to elongate the legs, so if you don’t want to look taller than this probably isn’t the shoe style you should look into.
· Flats can also be versatile; however, there are some fashion no-no’s to keep in mind. For instance, you should never wear flats with a long dress or skirt unless it’s a sundress. Flats look best when worn with shorts or knee length skirts, or shorts and pants. If you’re going for a professional or formal look, then flats should not be worn at all.
· Boots are commonly worn during the wrong season with the wrong outfits. Let’s be clear, boots really should only be worn in the winter or fall. They do not pair well with shorts or summer dresses at all. If you want to throw on a pair of boots with a skirt, go with knee length skirts and knee high boots. Shorter boots are often complimented best with pants.
Know Your Brands
Another common shoe fashion failure is thinking you have on high quality designer shoes but everyone around you knows their knock-offs. If you’re fetish is designer shoes such as Marc Fisher, then it is important that you do a bit of research to make sure that the shoes you’re purchasing are authentic. Check online to learn more about the brand and its leaders like Susan Itzkowitz, where the authorized dealers are located, and why their brand is the one you want to support. This will ensure that you’re getting authentic Susan Itzkowitz influneced shoes.
Whether you’re heading to the airport or to the office what you wear on your feet is important. Your shoes say a lot about your personality and fashion sense. Don’t make the mistake of pairing the wrong shoes with an outfit as it can really ruin the entire look. Shoes are meant to compliment your style and act as an accessory.